Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 Honda Odyssey

More
5 years 3 months ago #26595 by EL HIAWATHA
Hello partners. I have a problem with a HONDA ODYSSEY 2000, it comes with a problem of instability in minimum gear, the RPM range between 1500 and 1000, DTC P0505, I already change the IAC valve and the problem continues, I check for vacuum leaks and do not have, I put the transmission in D and stabilizes at approximately 800 rpm. Any suggestions or help that you can give me.

Greetings. Humberto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26596 by fudgie
Replied by fudgie on topic 2000 Honda Odyssey
Take off air intake hose and put your finger over hole that goes to idle valve and tell us what the idle does. Did you replace the entire valve or just the electrical part?

More
5 years 3 months ago #26597 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2000 Honda Odyssey
Hey Humberto! How's the coolant level? I don't believe this IAC is like the earlier versions with the wax pellet fast idle valve, but the valves are still dependent on some coolant flow to work smoothly.

Another quick check to do is the ECT and IAT sensors. They should agree with each other after sitting overnight. The IAT won't have much impact on the idle speed, but the ECT will.

Also worth doing a visual inspection on the power steering pressure switch, as it's an idle input. The wires for the sensor are known to break close to the sensor, which is on the pressure line, above the right steering gear boot.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #26599 by EL HIAWATHA
Replied by EL HIAWATHA on topic 2000 Honda Odyssey
Hi. That I already did, the idle speed reaches 1000 rpm with the two fingers put in the hole. I replaced the valve completely.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by EL HIAWATHA.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26601 by EL HIAWATHA
Hello Tyler. Effectively as you mention, they adapted a steering hose and did not bring a PSP sensor, I joined the cables thinking that it would work, but it was not like that, I take them off and it's the same, some suggestion.
With respect to antifreeze, if there is flow through the two holes of the IAC valve, the ECT and IAT sensors are normal,

More
5 years 3 months ago #26602 by fudgie
Does your minimum air screw turn at all?

More
5 years 3 months ago #26603 by EL HIAWATHA
What do you mean? The screw rotates freely, it can move without any problem

More
5 years 3 months ago #26646 by fudgie
A lot of times they seize in place. There is a bulletin on setting minimum air. Gently turn it all the way in and maybe 2? turns out? When you put your finger over iac valve hole it should drop down to 5-600ish.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26661 by EL HIAWATHA
I comment you that this truck does not have a MAF sensor, nor does it have an electronic acceleration body.

When the rpm starts to rise and fall, in the scanner appears closed loop and open loop constantly changing.

also the Oxygen Sensor, constantly changing from 0.8 to 0.2v

But I have a question, there is a hose that goes from the air filter hose (before the acceleration body), it is constantly empty and comes from a valve inside the engine. Should there be vacuum in that hose all the time?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds