Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Who is familiar with Nissan/Suzuki tps relay circuit

More
5 years 2 months ago #26613 by Columbus450
Nice info very good ! it actually threw a trouble code when I sent power to the Violet' wire which controls the TPS motor,
Same code you Listed saying relay power stuck on,,
But when I grounded out the ECM relay control wire Orange It took a lot longer but it eventually logged another fault code for the same reason ,
Good idea I never did think to try to see if there was a ground coming out of the Orange wire as close to the ECM as I can get with and led test light, I will have to try that
But I did run a jumper wire from the ECM Orange to the relay just to bypass the harness and still no effect voltages remained the same but once again ECM never did ground that wire when it was supposed to turn relay on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26616 by Busted Knuckle

Columbus450 wrote: I am Manually grounding it on Orange wire coming out of relay going towards the ECM Pin connection is tight , Would a reprogramming of this computer by bringing it to a dealer really solve the problem, or Is something wrong with a driver inside of the computer I'm leaning more towards I have to send it back to the ECM repair shop

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you can ground it on ecm side and have throttle control like you did when you grounded relay side then wiring integrity should be good. Next i would check terminal tension at ecm side. Maybe also give the orange wire a little tug at ecm to check that the wire is hooked into the terminal good. From there i would say its probably a bad driver. I dont think a dealer programming would be any different than you doing it on your modis, no.

Repair and despair since 1990
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbus450

More
5 years 2 months ago #26649 by Columbus450
Yes I did both of those mentioned tonight just to double check grounded the wire at the ECM side Everything still work as it should so I know the integrity of the wire is fine terminal tension is good as well, ECM is going off in the mail tomorrow
Thank you I will report back

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

More
5 years 2 months ago #26723 by chief eaglebear
hi guys that circuit from tps and ecm going back to cpu can someone please explain that circuit to me I see both inputs to cpu but I don't understand how cpu is reading those two signals it looks like some kind of current measurement process where resistor comes out of cpu

More
5 years 2 months ago #26729 by chief eaglebear
I think I posted on wrong thread there was a diagram of tps and ecm relays with feeds going to CPU be sorry

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds