Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!
Tahoe 2011 A/C problem
- Batdrest
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 1
1 day 4 hours ago #93274
by Batdrest
Tahoe 2011 A/C problem was created by Batdrest
Hi guys,I need help. I have a 2011 Tahoe with an A/C problem. Let me tell you what happens.When the car is cold and I turn on the A/C, everything works fine. After 20 to 25 minutes, the problem starts: the compressor clutch starts disengaging and then engaging again. Because it only stays engaged for a short time, the A/C doesn't cool very well.I checked the pressure, evaporator, ambient, and coolant temperature sensors, and all of them are reading normal.Can anyone help me with this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chad
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- I am not a parts changer.
Less
More
- Posts: 2218
- Thank you received: 742
18 hours 58 minutes ago #93275
by Chad
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
Replied by Chad on topic Tahoe 2011 A/C problem
What are your High and Low pressures doing when the compressor cycles?
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Batdrest
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 1
13 hours 50 minutes ago #93277
by Batdrest
Replied by Batdrest on topic Tahoe 2011 A/C problem
First of all thank you for your reply.
When it's normal the high is 250 psi and low around 40 psi. But when the problem comes it's reach 200 psi the high and around 70 psi the low. And the compressor will disengaged and it repeated.
The compressor, condansor and the orifice are new.
When it's normal the high is 250 psi and low around 40 psi. But when the problem comes it's reach 200 psi the high and around 70 psi the low. And the compressor will disengaged and it repeated.
The compressor, condansor and the orifice are new.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chad
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- I am not a parts changer.
Less
More
- Posts: 2218
- Thank you received: 742
9 hours 3 minutes ago - 8 hours 52 minutes ago #93279
by Chad
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
Replied by Chad on topic Tahoe 2011 A/C problem
I'm a little unclear on what the cycle is. What are the pressures when the compressor shuts off? How long does the compressor stay off for? What are the pressures when the compressor kicks back on?
After the Compressor and Condenser were replaced, how much oil was added to each component?
I am wondering if, maybe, you have moisture in the system. How humid was it when the system was open? Was the system properly evacuated with a vacuum pump? How long did you keep the system under vacuum?
Does this vehicle have Rear AC?
After the Compressor and Condenser were replaced, how much oil was added to each component?
I am wondering if, maybe, you have moisture in the system. How humid was it when the system was open? Was the system properly evacuated with a vacuum pump? How long did you keep the system under vacuum?
Does this vehicle have Rear AC?
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
Last edit: 8 hours 52 minutes ago by Chad.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds