Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!
Loses communication with ABS
- mjpatitucci
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 month 3 weeks ago #93127
by mjpatitucci
Loses communication with ABS was created by mjpatitucci
Good day fellow Technicians,
I am troubleshooting a 2015 Honda Pilot, 101K miles, that looses ABS signal when driving vehicle above 33.84 mph according to my XTool D8BT scanner. At first I suspected the scanner until I checked other systems which are communicating fine. I did another total scan of the vehicle once it was sitting in the driveway. Sure enough… no error codes. I have a subscription to Alldata for the vehicle and will be doing a lot of reading. Has anyone else have a similar experience, loosing communication with a module at a certain speed? Thanks in advance for your input.
Mike
I am troubleshooting a 2015 Honda Pilot, 101K miles, that looses ABS signal when driving vehicle above 33.84 mph according to my XTool D8BT scanner. At first I suspected the scanner until I checked other systems which are communicating fine. I did another total scan of the vehicle once it was sitting in the driveway. Sure enough… no error codes. I have a subscription to Alldata for the vehicle and will be doing a lot of reading. Has anyone else have a similar experience, loosing communication with a module at a certain speed? Thanks in advance for your input.
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chad
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- I am not a parts changer.
Less
More
- Posts: 2219
- Thank you received: 743
1 month 3 weeks ago #93128
by Chad
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
Replied by Chad on topic Loses communication with ABS
What, exactly, are you trouble-shooting? Are you getting ABS warning lights?
The fact that you have no codes makes me believe that this is a tool limitation, rather than an actual communication issue.
The fact that you have no codes makes me believe that this is a tool limitation, rather than an actual communication issue.
"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."
I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjpatitucci
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Noah
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5100
- Thank you received: 1138
1 month 3 weeks ago #93130
by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Loses communication with ABS
I agree with Chad. In the past it was not uncommon for Asian imports to drop communication above a certain speed. At least with Snap On and OEM scan tools, there would be a warning on the tool that it would cease to communicate with abs while driving. Unless there's a tangible symptom you are trying to diagnose with the abs, I wouldnt read too much into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjpatitucci
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjpatitucci
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 day 3 hours ago #93298
by mjpatitucci
Replied by mjpatitucci on topic Loses communication with ABS
Thanks Chad, sorry for the delay. I’ve been dealing with another issue with a different vehicle. I’ll be asking the group shortly. I did watch a YouTube video explaining why Honda’s have a communication cutoff when vehicle travels faster than 30 miles an hour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mjpatitucci
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
1 day 3 hours ago #93299
by mjpatitucci
Replied by mjpatitucci on topic Loses communication with ABS
Thanks Noah, I can not remember the YouTube video I watched that explained some Honda’s cut communication with communication port above 30 miles per hour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds