Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

failed :( 04 nissan sentra 2.5 lack of power drive by wire

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #26282 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
It's back sentra lack of power with codes p1122, p1121, p507, p0223, p0123, p2135 and p0731. With all these codes where should I start? The last time I replaced t/b from juck yard. I did not like that the car had no power on a slop sometimes but the customer said it was good and she took it. Now it's back and I'm coming here first before I do anything.
I Thank you for your help.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by gilbert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26283 by Tyler
Hey gilbert! Is the stalling complaint back, or is it just the lack of power?

Your initial thread, for everyone's reference:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...r-drive-by-wire.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
5 years 3 months ago #26284 by chief eaglebear
hi I would attack etc problem first is that a good start its a critical input

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #26286 by gilbert
Hey Tyler thank you brother for your response, the car does not stall just on an up hill no power. I can floor it an no respond from the throttle and it is not all the time . I think the signal drops from throttle the engine will not rev over 2000, maybe I'm not explaining myself right with saying loss of power. Instead I should say loss of acceleration.
Thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by gilbert. Reason: had to add to comment

More
5 years 3 months ago #26287 by Tyler
Gotcha. So, most of those trouble codes return at the same time as the lack of throttle response?

I figure the P1121, P1122 and P0507 are symptoms of the TP position codes. I'll have a look at the wiring diagram in a moment...

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #26296 by Andy.MacFadyen
I would look at the commanded throttle position and actual throttle position live data and because the codes point to circuit faults do a tug and wiggle testing on the wiring.

I found a post elsewhere on the internet where am 03 Sentra had very similar issues that were apparently successfully diagnosed as an alternator issue :huh: In any event checking out the charging voltage with at minimum volt meter can't do any harm
community.cartalk.com/t/nissan-sentra-ac...rator-issues/72851/8

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26298 by Tyler
Had a look at the diagram:

5V and ground are shared between the two potentiometers. Because P0123 and P0223 are listed as 'circuit high' codes, I'd tend to suspect a ground problem. How's the pin fitment on the throttle body connector?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, gilbert

More
5 years 3 months ago #26361 by gilbert
You know I haven't even checked the plugs because I have no misfire just no acceleration . When power braking will not rev pass 1000, to day I put a known good T/B and same thing. I will look tomorrow at the plugs, fuel pressure is good.
Thank You.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26362 by gilbert
Hey Andy thank you for your responds brother here are some pic. of accel sen1 and 2 with thrtl sen 1and 2. On the scanner I get a respond but on the throttle nothing. At idle it does get a signal cause it revs just fine just under a load nothing. Today I put a known good t/b and same thing so I guess I now have to chase wires.
Thank you.
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #26363 by gilbert
Tyler the plug looks good, so you saying to check ecm grounds 5 at t/b and 66 at ecm?
Thank you.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26375 by Tyler

gilbert wrote: On the scanner I get a respond but on the throttle nothing. At idle it does get a signal cause it revs just fine just under a load nothing.

Wait, so KOEO the throttle will sweep normally? :huh:

More
5 years 3 months ago #26376 by gilbert
Yes at idle it's good just under a load. I just checked the charging system and that is good.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26380 by Tyler
Interesting. :blink: Do the codes reset KOEO, while driving, or do they reset at all?

More
5 years 3 months ago #26382 by gilbert
I just reset the code will have to test drive when I get a chance. They don't come back as soon as I restart the car.
Thank you.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26384 by Tyler
Thank YOU! Sorry for asking for more test drives. :blush: Just wanna positively correlate the codes with your low power issue.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #26385 by gilbert
No, thank you brother for the time you invest on all of us.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by gilbert. Reason: Misspelled word

More
5 years 3 months ago #26416 by gilbert
Just got back from a test drive no engine light on. The car is running a little better but it still bougs down( don't know if I spelled it right). I still get a loss of power on a up hill from a dead stop. If I power brake car does not rev pass 1000.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26418 by Tyler

gilbert wrote: God bless you my brothers and sisters.
Just got back from a test drive no engine light on. The car is running a little better but it still bougs down( don't know if I spelled it right). I still get a loss of power on a up hill from a dead stop. If I power brake car does not rev pass 1000.

Gotcha. If none of the throttle body codes reset, then I'd argue that those codes aren't related to your low power concern.

I'd proceed with this symptom like the whole TB thing never happened. Start from scratch. Try to wind out first gear at WOT while observing throttle position, upstream A/F sensor(s), MAF, Alphas (fuel trims) and Calculated Load. See if you're dealing with a fuel issue, or a breathing issue.

Any transmission issues noted? I recall there was a 1st gear code in there somewhere. :huh: Is it starting out in 1st gear?

More
5 years 3 months ago #26421 by Busted Knuckle
Has it ever had the exhaust back pressure tested?

Repair and despair since 1990
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, gilbert

More
5 years 3 months ago #26423 by gilbert
Monde I replaced the T/B, coils and cleaned the plugs and all is the same . I do have a Altima 2.5 with a blown head gasket so I'm just swapping parts to test.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds