Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 GMC SIERRA 5.3 P0220 P1516 P2135

More
5 years 4 months ago #26096 by mykol88
The problem is intermittent and is not always causing reduce engine power. Decided to scope out the tps 1 and tps 2. I see something weird going on TPS2. I do not have my scope on me to attach what it looks like but I illustrated what it looks like on PAINT. I will attach what TPS 1 and TPS 2 look like. TPS2 looks like it drops voltage to 0 and back up to 1v closed throttle in under a second so the PCM does not detect it but I see the problem there. When I open throttle is still drops voltage and comes back up What would cause the TPS2 signal like this? Any ideas would be helpful
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #26099 by Desmond6004
I think you need to scan it for fault codes as well.
Sometimes we can chase problems that don't exist if we just scope things.
You may be right, there may be a problem there but it also depends what quality your scope is
whether there is noise or not in a pattern.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Desmond6004.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26105 by mykol88
The trouble codes are posted on the subject line of this post

More
5 years 4 months ago #26113 by mykol88
I think the waveform on tps2 is suppose to be normal of the tac module droping voltage to test circuitry of the signal. So I guess what I see is nothing unusual

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds