Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mazda 5 2008 2l no crank

More
5 years 3 months ago #26094 by Kumbi
Good day to you

I was watching one of your videos about the mazda imobilizer and ECU testing. I follwed all steps but everything seems to be ok i got the 5v reference and 12v on the thermister the key unlocks the doors but the imobiliser wont go off it wont crank the car had a minor accident which broke the right engine mounting battery in key fob is new, car battery is new aswell. The car is a Mazda 5 2008 model please find attached picture of the engine i am in Africa couldnt find anyone who can help. The nearest mazda dealer here is 200km away and i can afford to tow it to a dealer near me I sincerely hope you can give me some help

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...CKD8sN74TBrmnG7-pIFI
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26131 by chief eaglebear
hi sir I live in Alaska from your description I was wondering if you can get ahold of a code reader if we can get some codes it might give us direction also you mentioned the vehicle had been in an accident sometime the inertia switch gets buggered you can find schematics on bbb you may also reach out to the moderators on here they are very knowledgable and experience technicians with a little more info well get er fixed I would verify my crank cam circuit but if we can pull some codes it will help
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
5 years 3 months ago #26158 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mazda 5 2008 2l no crank
Kumbi, are you certain you're dealing with an immobilizer issue? What does the immobilizer light on the dash do with the key on, and with the key in crank?

Is this a manual or automatic transmission?

There's some quick checks you can do at the starter relay in the underhood fuse box to check the health of the rest of the starting system, before going down the immobilizer path. As always, with any four pin relay, we want two powers and two grounds with the relay removed and the key in crank. Check these with an incandescent test light, if possible.

I don't have access to an '08 2.0L wiring diagram, as they didn't sell those in the US. :angry: But this is the starting diagram for an automatic transmission 2.3L, which (should) be similar:

File Attachment:

File Name: mazdastarting.pdf
File Size:100 KB
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #26197 by Kumbi
Replied by Kumbi on topic Mazda 5 2008 2l no crank
Thank you for the information i called a guy with the machine, he is coming tomorrow so i think i will have the codes then will give you feedback when i get the codes

More
5 years 3 months ago #26198 by Kumbi
Thank you sir the imobilizer with the key on crank position the light sometimes stays o and at times its flashing 2 times then pause for a small time then flashes 3 times it repeats that. Opened key fob to replace the battery whilst i was at it i removed the small transponder chip from the key then it started to flash on and off rapidly when i put it close to the ignition then it stops so i think the system recognises the key but wont crank. And also when i try to crank the light on the radio goes off then i hear the click sound like hitting a brick wall

More
5 years 3 months ago #26199 by Kumbi
The car is manual checked the clutch switch and everything is ok

More
5 years 3 months ago #26370 by kostelectronics
You say, you can hear a click Sound like a "Brick onto a wall"?

Have you checked the Voltages at te Startermotor and jumped the Starter-Relay Load-side ? If the starter still not kicks on, you have a bad starter-Motor.

...this Sound what you describe as "Brick onto a wall" reminds me that the starter-Solenoid is stuck. Try to tap with a hammer against the starter, if it works after, replace the Starter anyways.

If the the Starter kicks on when you jump the starter-relay, you have a control-side issue of the Starter-Relay. Check it with the wiring-diagram that you got here. Maybe the PCM doesn't provide a GND to the starter-Relay control-side for some reason.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26622 by Kumbi
Thanks will look into that i borrowed a bluetooth obd scarner and it came up with P1260 engine disabled attaching videos

More
5 years 2 months ago #26623 by Kumbi
Radio going off on turning key to start
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #26624 by kostelectronics
This code means, the PCM have received a Signal from the Immobiliser (or the PCM have no communication with the Immobiliser) ---> the car is not allowed to start. Do you use all original components (Modules) for this car? Your Key is original? If not, Change all components to original.

Next step: Read the Immobilizer Codes with a good tool and look what this module says.
Are the Airbags being open at this accident? If yes, maybe there's a Crash registered that don't allow the car to start.

Conclusion: You Need a good code-scanner and post a full scan log here.

BR Matthias
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by kostelectronics.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26746 by Kumbi
Thanks will do i think everthing is original but what i know is the key has been coded before by the previous owner is there a way i can remove that kind of system. I cant keep on coding after every accident

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds