Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Electrical hair puller

More
5 years 4 months ago #26059 by Cavemanhands
2005 Saturn Ion 2.2 no crank. Car ran into shop with low power, replaced pedal sensor, car ran but rough idle. Found bad wire between pedal sensor and Ecm, upon repair, discovered c1 connector had multiple bad connections. Repaired with used part, problem escalated to no crank and multiple communication codes Replaced ecm with used, still no crank but only code is ckp.
Trying to decipher the wiring, run/ crank ground switch is fed by ignition bus. Can anyone help me with finding the problem with this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26062 by chief eaglebear
hi sir a crank sensor integrity test might be in order also a couple variables sometimes a cam will throw a crank code check your power and ground all the way to computer car will not start without a good crank signal

More
5 years 4 months ago #26071 by Cavemanhands
Replied by Cavemanhands on topic Electrical hair puller
I wanted to post back and say that i found a loose connection at c1 right after posting this and ended up with the original ecm installed. Car started with no codes present.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26072 by cheryl hartkorn
check the bcm data for ignition switch pids. see if it matches the actual key position.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26089 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Electrical hair puller

Cavemanhands wrote: I wanted to post back and say that i found a loose connection at c1 right after posting this and ended up with the original ecm installed. Car started with no codes present.

Nice! B)

By loose connection, I figure you mean a spread female pin? Do you think someone was there improperly probing before you, or did it spread on its own?

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds