Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

First use of the Hantek 1008C

More
5 years 4 months ago #25959 by Mackike
Yesterday the Hantek 1008C arrived at the workshop.
First use in a Toyota Avensis 1.6 from 1998.
Client with unfavorable inspection due to excess CO:
Allowed in Spain: 0.3
Idle test: 0.58
Accelerated test: 0.55

The car is perfect functioning.

A nice panorama to premiere the Hantek.
4-wire Lambda probe.
I charge the Lambda Sonda preset and I find this.

I had to go down a lot of time up to 10.00ms to appreciate something.

Interestingly, just connecting to a cable had data.

What is happening? I'm missing something? Is the probe damaged? Maybe the 1008C is very loose?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25974 by Desmond6004
I wouldn't put too much trust in the 1008C until you have used it on "good" vehicles and are sure of what you are looking for. I have a 1008C as well, plus the expensive scope we have at work - and I'm not confident enough to base decisions on patterns from the 1008C yet.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25975 by Andy.MacFadyen
The Hantek 1008 is prone to showing excess signal noise, you may find some channels on the scope are better than others --- cheap hardware and poor quailty control coupled with no filtering in the software, Some of the noise is from the scope itself but most of it is picked up in the wire between the probe connection and the scope.

(1) To reduce noise ensure both signal and ground wires are as short as possible and the same length. route the leads as far away as possible from ignition coils, alternators and fuel injectors also the battery.

(2) If you need to extend the probe leads use either "twisted pair" or co-axial BNC cable. The co-axial cable BNC fittings used on the Hantek are also used by older ethernet computer networks and CC TV cameras and can be easily
found very cheaply on eBay.

(3) You can clean up a noisy signal with a "low pass" filter. The Hantek has no software filters but you can make a simple hardware filter called an RC filter from a resistor and a capacitor. Right back in the early days of the forum I posted info on making one I will see if I can find it and post a link,

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25976 by Andy.MacFadyen
Here is the thread but the photos of the hardware filter I made are gone

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...lter-photos.html#375

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25995 by Mackike
Professionally it is taking away a lot of time and mental resources from the 1008C.
I thought it was to connect and diagnose fast and accurate.
Perhaps it is better to acquire a 6074BE or a laboratory oscilloscope with a screen.
What is your advice for diagnosis in the workshop without losing time and with confidence.
About the low pass filters I understand that it would be necessary to have several according to the frequency to use, What construction solution have you used? How have they integrated it? Maybe in a small PCB?

More
5 years 4 months ago #26011 by Andy.MacFadyen
Don't worry too much about different frequencies you can swap the values of the components , I just connected the resistor and capacitor using house wiring style "chocolate block connector"

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds