Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Fixed 06 Lincoln navigator p0307- p0420 and p2006

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25781 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
I have this Navigator with a p2006 I think I hear runner noise coming from the intake. Question is will a bad runner cause a misfire?
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by gilbert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25782 by cheryl hartkorn
id think no. i looked up the code p2005 its intake runner stuck closed. the runners are usually closed until higher engine speeds when they open for increased power/performance. its probably a coil since its a ford product
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
5 years 4 months ago #25797 by Tyler
Yeah, I'm with Cheryl. I'd think you'd have lean codes if the intake were truly leaking that badly. Of course, since we're talking about Ford products, it's always a good idea to check the PCV elbows for collapsing. ;)

P0420 is self-explanatory, but the P2006 is kinda a pain. :silly: Access to the intake actuator wiring is nearly impossible with the intake installed. It's sometimes easier to remove the intake, plug the actuator in, turn the key on and continue diagnosis. Having a scanner to run the IMRC actuator for you is super handy. You can also try running the bidirectional test while watching the actuator rods with a mirror.

Be wary if you suspect someone has been into the intake before you. It's easy to misroute the heater hoses/pipes and the brake booster pipe behind the intake, resulting in interference with the IMRC rods and the P2006.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25824 by gilbert
Cheryl thank you for your help I am replacing the actuator because of the code. Before this I did do the tune up plugs boots and coil.
Thank you and a Happy New Year.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25825 by gilbert
Tyler thank you brother for your help. I did take off the intake and found that the knock sensor wires went in between the actuator arm's. Don't know if that is the correct rought. Im not going to do that hope it won't cause me problems. Just might zip tie all the wire's.
Thank you for your help again and A Happy New Year

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds