Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

vauxhall astra h y14xep cam/crank fault

More
5 years 4 months ago #25693 by dougiesgarage
well i have this astra h 1.4 y14xep in for repair, no fault codes and non starter.

disconnect or remove cam sensor from head and engine will start and run (in limp mode) but will cut out within a second of refitting cam sensor to head or plugging in.... i have checked air gaps and timing tooled timing many times.

only fault i can trigger is cam sensor high input but never when it is plugged in on engine.

i have carried out the modis ultra component tests and all is good apart from the fact the cam trace appears to be 5v where modis says it should be 2.5v signal with 5v supply and clear earth at component. have tried 3 cam sensors. all bosch and same part no.

i have carried out 2 channel oscilloscope trace on both for the short time before it turns off but need a known image of cam and crank correlation to compare and allow for adjustment of trigger on camshaft as i believe its incorrect although it isn't triggering a fault.

both traces look good but im confident it is simply "out of time" so the ecu thinks its timing error and shuts it down...without fault code

....Dougie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds