Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Nissan juke 1.6

More
5 years 4 months ago #25673 by Lewiwbryant
Hi guys, nissan juke hr16de engine
feel like I have a tricky one here, currently trying to locate an intermittent misfire/hesitation, it happens cold and warm doesn't seem to have a pattern but it does however happen mainly on a right turn around roundabouts more often then left turns, it's really intermittent can go 30 miles and only record 5 misfired on the troubled cylinder within mode6,

The trouble cylinder is number 4 I have switched the coil and plug to number 3 and still records on cup 4

This engine has 2 injectors per cylinder so I tried switching the injectors to 2 different cylinders misfire still being recorded on cylinder 4

So I've got the scope out and it's COP type with transistor inside coil so only got the option of current ramp test or capturing secodary with inductive pick up, don't see anything unusual idling so hooked up my amp clamp and wired it in to the car and tried driving it and tried capturing it whilst driving but typical I haven't managed to get it to misfire / hesitate since ,,

I'll be back on the car tomorrow so just wondering if any of you lads have any tips or suggestions that could help me locate the cause ?

I'm thinking it's a harness issue to the coil or injector

Also tried wiggling the harness to try and produce something idling but nothing.
Any advice is really appreciated
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25674 by chief eaglebear
hi sir I just watched the scanner danner vid concerning your problem the problem of not being able to measure voltage at COP I think you may be able to kinda see the health of coil by seeing a turn off oscillation that in itself says you have a good secondary I think I may need to watch that vid

More
5 years 4 months ago #25678 by Lewiwbryant
Replied by Lewiwbryant on topic 2015 Nissan juke 1.6
Hi chief , thanks for posting , yeah Im in that situation haha, my misfire is so intermittent that every time I'm scoping my primary current it's always good.
I'll be back on it tomorrow hopefully and will get most of the day on it so I will scope no4 ignition primary current whilst I have another person drive it round until it does it,
Its a 3 wire COP so I'm thinking sync it with the trigger wire just in case I miss it with triggering off of the current waveform but then again there's no saying my trigger isn't shorting out and that's the cause ,, I need to be in the right place at the right time haha if you get what I mean
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds