Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance

More
5 years 4 months ago #25584 by ShadeTree
Hi everyone, I need your help
Audi A3, 2006, BLY engine, GDI.
P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance. The vehicle has a severe misfire.
I’ve done the following checks:
1. Checked 5v ref at rail pressure sensor connector – its present
2. Checked ground at rail pressure sensor connector – good
3. Checked signal wire at rail pressure sensor connector to ECM – its good, it reacts when I apply ground or 12v
4. Checked fuel pressure (low side) 5 bar,
5. Scoped voltage at fuel pressure regulation valve (N276), I have control from ECM.
6. I’ve look at MVB 103 and 106, it appears that the vehicle is running on low fuel pressure on both sides (5 bar).
7. I’ve replaced rail pressure sensor, still same issue.

I do not want to spend any unnecessary money, kindly help.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25585 by Landroverman1958
Hi,i would check out one of paul former pupils you tube site where he goes into trouble shooting this very sort of problem, at Positive Lead Daignostics,if you have the ability to look at desired rail pressure and actual pressure they should be similar,that type of engine does suffer from high pressure pump problems which is driven off the camshaft.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25589 by ShadeTree
Thank you Landroverman1958.

I've seen a video by Tom from positive lead diagnostics. He was dealing with a P0190 and not a P0191. Tom's issue ended up being a wiring issue, hence I checked all the wiring staff.

The data pids from this generation are not clear, at least from my country South Africa.

However I will take your advise and look at the high pressure pump.

Thank very much for your input.

Regards

More
5 years 4 months ago #25595 by Desmond6004

ShadeTree wrote: The data pids from this generation are not clear, at least from my country South Africa.

Regards

"Dis nou mooi" :D
I often ask mr Google about fault codes as well - of course proper diagnostics is the way to go but clues to other people's problems help.
I found this discussion
which mentions:
"I have all kinds of fun with this engine and the main four parts i replace for fuel pressure are
fuel filter (pressure valve built in)
fuel pressure limiting valve (I will send you a pm of its location)
pressure pump (in tank)
low pressure sensor (if it has the part number 06e 906 051k its the latest modified sensor)"
I may be on the wrong track since it's not exactly the same engine but my signature below shows why I am chiming in.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25600 by ShadeTree
@Desmond6004

Thank you for your kind reply. I followed the link and got valuable information on MVB

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Desmond6004

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25634 by Dtnel
"

Landroverman1958 wrote: Hi,i would check out one of paul former pupils you tube site where he goes into trouble shooting this very sort of problem, at Positive Lead Daignostics,if you have the ability to look at desired rail pressure and actual pressure they should be similar,that type of engine does suffer from high pressure pump problems which is driven off the camshaft.

"

Just curious as to what the "Paul Former Pupils" is? That threw me a curve. I have heard of Positive Lead Diagnostics somewhere. Probably saw a video of theirs on YouTube or something while Gearhead Video Surfing at one point or another.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Dtnel. Reason: Separation

More
5 years 4 months ago #25638 by Landroverman1958
I reference some of Paul Danners comment that the positive lead diagnostics presenter is one of his former students from Paul’s technical college.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds