Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 GLK-350 P2422

More
5 years 3 months ago #25427 by blazerguy1983
Hello,

My buddy has a 2010 Mercedes GLK 350 4-Matic. Vin:WDCGG8HB2AF422858. He recently started to receive a Check Engine Light, "P2422" Canister Vent Valve Stuck Closed. We cleared the light and drove it for a while and the same code came back. This also happened shortly after a fuel top-off that caused a no start condition and required the accelerator to be held to the floor to start the engine. I tested the purge valve and it seams to be working as it should. My buddy installed a new Canister Shut Off Valve (Vent Valve) and after a drive cycle the same code came right back. Does anyone have any ideas? I did notice with the old valve that I couldn't accurate it unless the engine was running. Any Help would be awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #25434 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic 2010 GLK-350 P2422
I don't have much experience with these systems besides often hearing that people simply never put the gas cap back properly.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 3 months ago #25438 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2010 GLK-350 P2422
Any access to scan data? I'd be interested to see what the fuel tank pressure sensor does with the purge valve energized. If the vent valve truly is stuck, or the charcoal canister is restricted due to fuel saturation, then it'll likely struggle to return to atmospheric pressure once the vacuum is taken away.

I usually look for this by achieving 3-4 inH2O in the tank then watch how long it takes to get back to zero. Watch your fuel trims while activating the purge valve, as well. If they go negative but the fuel tank pressure sensor doesn't show a change, that's a strike against the pressure sensor. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Desmond6004

More
5 years 2 months ago #26027 by blazerguy1983
Replied by blazerguy1983 on topic 2010 GLK-350 P2422
Hello Everyone. I wanted to post an update on this topic so to possibly be able to hep someone else that may run into this issue. I did end up fixing the GLK Evap issue with the P2422 vent calve stuck closed. In the end it ended up being a bad purge valve. I ordered and installed a Dorman one and started getting a new code of Large Leak detected. So I got a OE Mercedes purge valve and no more codes. All of the IM readiness tests completed and passed now too. Another proven point that codes aren't always accurate, but can be a chain reaction caused from another underlying issue.I checked for evap leaks and none found. My advice is to always use OE parts when working on high end vehicles. This is the second time in the words of Eric O. I got slid from an aftermarket part specifically Dorman. Have a nice day and I hope everyone has had a Happy New Year,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler, Desmond6004

More
5 years 2 months ago #26088 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2010 GLK-350 P2422
Thanks for the follow up! :cheer: From the code, I never would have guessed you'd find a purge valve issue. I guess if you had energized the purge valve, you'd have found no change in tank pressure? :huh:

As luck would have it, I had two different Chevy trucks in this week with large leak codes. Both got fixed with purge valves! :silly:

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds