Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7- Unresponsive Throttle/Accerelator Pedal

More
5 years 4 months ago #25415 by forumoto
Make: Jeep
Model-: Grand Cherokee
Engine Capacity-: 5.7 HeMi
Fuel-: Gas
Year-: 2006
- - - - - - - - - -

This car suddenly developed unresponsive throttle acceleration problem. With some codes which i have attached to the link and video carry out, with live stream of the live data of accerelator pedal depressed, you will see the reading of the pedal in the video but I don’t see the tps reads up,

I have had the throttle body changed yet still, no respond to the acceleration. Car start and idle good but no acceralation, I have performed LEARN ETC, even though I have successful yet still accerelation is unresponsive to pedal command, am suspecting defective ECU, but I need expert advice on this issue-:

www.mediafire.com/file/52g7btlbwhn5356/3...A9CD6CFC26F.MOV/file

Video file above.

Below is dtc link too-:
www.mediafire.com/view/fjg633h1o1r7e17/2...6.57.57.272.jpg/file

Thank you for taking a stop by to consider my thread,

One thing to add up is that, when you turn the key off and then turn it ON, you hear the throttle cries or make opening noise.

I have used Autel masys pro to perform throttle relearn, even though successful but did not force the system to come out of this issue, I used launch scan tool also but still no success even though procedure was completed.

I belief the pedal is working because if not like I won’t have successful message command for ETC Relearn

Christ De Way Maker
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25423 by BobbyM
Those dtcs relate to app ( accelerator pedal position ) sensor

I think engine only being able to idle is a symptom of an issue with APP sensor or wire(s) and not an issue with ETC.

THe tps values not moving would seem to be normal, only if accelerator pedal position sensor DTC is set. Tps is only at one position to allow air flow for engine to idle.

I don't like how "APP 1 Volts" don't match "APP 2 Volts" in your video.

Backprobe the APP sensor wires at the base of the accelerator pedal and make sure 5 volt stays at 5 volts. and ground stays near zero.

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by BobbyM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto, aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 4 months ago #25424 by forumoto
Problem solved, I did went ahead to change the PCM, and the problem solved. So with my case if someone is having such issue and can read the live data of the APP when press, then could be PCM defective causing this, remember to perform ETC relearn, if problem persist with the original ecu, change it

Christ De Way Maker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler, aboudi.naddaf

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds