Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 dodge dakota 4.7 Cranks no start cam signal is at 7-8v

More
5 years 4 months ago #25349 by chavez96
so i have replaced the pcm. i got a re-man pcm, since this car had no 5 v. reference to cam and crank sensors. my scan-tool
wasnt able to scan the truck and didnt crank.
now that i have the pcm with the vin the car cranks but wont start.
checked the cam crank signal and found that crank signal is 7-8 volts.
has any one had this problem?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25357 by Tyler
Are you sure about your scope connections in this capture? Because it sure looks like the green trace (CKP) is just following battery voltage during cranking. The abnormal green trace is what I usually see while trying to scope a Hall effect sensor with a weak ground connection.

Are you missing spark and injection pulse? Any codes stored? IIRC, this engine can start and run on the CMP sensor alone.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25358 by Matts Auto
Looking at wiring diagram that is same 5 v reference for tps, map & cam sensor on orange wire. Do you have 7-8 volts at Ecm pin 17 as well ?

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25367 by chavez96
At times I get p1391CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition. I checked for spark and nothing. I am sure that am in the signal wire the diagram says gray with black for ckp signal.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by chavez96.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25368 by chavez96

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds