Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

anti-theft is preventing ecm from firing statrer relay control side ? reset?

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25299 by andrameda271
Hello friends,
corolla 2000 CE how to reset ecm?

Ignition switch wires tested, all function is good; red delivers power to crank circuit.

starter relay; load side hot ; control side no power from ecm; it is stuck in kill switch memory, when I removed after market devise or after market by pass because after removing it stopped cranking.

How do it reset the anti-theft system or bypass it? This car has power to all components very low it will not crank nor prime nor inject nor spark. It is inside computer bus to re-program it.

will tapping into datalink pin 4 and 13 reset it?

The stater when jumped works find. Fuel pump was replaced preure 55 lbs after cranking its kill switch shut down system. It was able to crank for long time until I removed after market devise.

Respectfully,
Alexander G

To be or not to be: do be do be doo!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by andrameda271. Reason: topic more direct to ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25386 by GeekDIYMechanic
Just a thought.. Please forgive me if this isn't helpful.

Many alarm systems insert themselves between the ECM, Key, ... and the ignition system or starting system. Therefore, by unplugging the alarm, you are creating an open circuit.

I sure hope you understand I mean.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25397 by andrameda271
Hello Geek Mechanic,

What you say does make sense removing after-market alarm i never knew existed is an open circuit the ECM will think its being broken into by a thief and shut down the car.

Stater relay control side is not lit the hot side is.

If I remove all trace of the alarm and the part you don't know is that I splice original wires this should remove the open circuit to ecm however it has not. However would you have knowledge about how to re-set the ECM?

There is evidence the the ECM is holding the anti-theft position electronically there 3 fuses not blown horn head lights and ignition all 10amps fuses without power.

I am not offended by your polite point to the open circuit idea in fact very glad you are the only one that responded thank you.

Are you suggesting I re-wire the devise back the way it was inorder to trick the ecm back into a close kill switch mode inorder to crank and start?

I got this idea from you what do you think?

Respectfully,
Ag

More
5 years 4 months ago #25441 by andrameda271
Hello Friends,

Does anyone know how to re-set the anti theft circuit? The Toyota dealership will not tell me the sequence. Its not a common knowledge its kept quite yet some with computer experience would easily troubleshoot this. The college must have lessons on this subject. Please let me know thank you!

Respectfully,
AG

More
5 years 4 months ago #25443 by cj1
With power on Pin #1 of the start relay coil the anti- theft deterrent ECU energizes the relay by grounding pin #2 of the start relay coil.
Ref starting wiring schematic www.bbbind.com/free-tsb .
Is this what you have?

If powering down ECU doesn't reset then could bypass anti theft with permanent ground on stater relay #2 pin.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25453 by andrameda271
Hello Paul,
This is what I have, pin#1 is hot side of starter relay 12v hot all time; pin#2, control has no power or ground even when key is on start; ecm is frozen in the memory it learned in last event. Your home computer has capacitors which hold memory, when you say to me the ecm needs to be powered down your are saying to me drain the ecm capacitors. I don't know how to to do this for a car's computer. I have disconnected the neg terminal waited 1 hour it did not work.

Your chapter on fuel pump circuitry did validate the corolla VAF sensor as the shut down circuit. The world was telling me, it does not! ( haynes book corolla does not; toyota dealership say no shut-off switch).

after removing after market devise it stop cranking. The starter works when jumped.

In your book are there recycling disarming on/off switch codes for ecm anti-theft and fuel shut off switch?

I replaced fuel pump 4 months ago it wanted to start but it struggled even when pressure reading was 55lbs its suppose to be 45lbs. The fuel pressure regulator was new when I pretested it it could not hold vacuum pressure it leaked out. I had asked the forum about this emerged fuel regulator; no one knew about the liquid regulator vs air regulator and how its suppose to behave. Is it normal for this new regulator not to hold vacuum?

I want to thank you for your response, I hesitate to buy book. I want to observe n see if I can learn from your book chapters which have missing bits of information. I have been learning by watching your book video's but unable to solve my case problem specifically. Until I wandered into your chapter on fuel pumps circuitry that is where i made my discovery. I will purchase both books soon it has value.

I was hoping you could answer fuel regulator ? because it could be why the car wanted to start need verification of fuel regulator's behavior emerged in liquid vs air. If this regulator is suppose to behave exactly like an air controlled fuel regulator holding vaccum, then I purchased a defective part. If I replace it car will start immediately.

In your book are hidden secrets uncovered it got me in the right direction. I want to be an on-line student and get certified as a diagnostician under you. I do want to visit your school and meet you too. i want you to know that I am very serious about learning your book and re-certification. I have all the schools text books including automotive circuits. If its not possible to do it on-line and take the national board exams, then I happy just to learn from you and your lifetime experience.

Peace n love,
Alexander Gonzalez.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds