Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Jump start fail.

More
5 years 5 months ago #25224 by sat.allWeek
Jump start fail. was created by sat.allWeek
Hello people i jump started my car today 10seconds in it started smoking from the engine compartment really bad it smelled like burnt wires(battery is the trunk)After making a visual/smell inspection burnt smell came from the fan assembly. Disconnected the fan assembly jump started it again car ran fine and no smoking Could it be that the fan assembly somehow malfunction and thats why it was smoking when i jump started the car? Is that even possible?

Took apart the fan assembly it does smell burnt

Idk if this has ever happend to someone else. Boggles my mind

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #25231 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Jump start fail.
It helps a lot if you tell us the vehicle and model year --- I think you may be looking at a chicken and egg situation the fan issue drained the battery and caused your no crank no start. Electric fans are controlled in a wide variety of ways on modern vehicles, if you tell us more about the vehicle I am sure someone on the forum will pointed you in the right direction.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds