Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Buick Regal CXL 2.4 rough idle and surging in drive at idle only.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25186 by Rockchucker2
I have had this rough idle in drive stopped for a small period, it starts bucking/ surging and no codes thus far. It recently had the timing chains ne balnce chains replaced, due to an failure on the balance chin. I've replaced the intake ne exaust actuators due to the fact the car has 118k on it and having the timing chains replaced, it seemed logicalcal just to replace as a maintenance item. Also due to.the high oil consumption it had the cats replaced as well and suggested new 02 sensors while they were at it. So now the only issue is this rough idle in drive. The load on the engine seems high at 30%, outside that all scan data appears to be within rang. Any suggestions on where or what to test, as I do not like to be a parts changer. I have above average tech skills as this is my 7th or 8th timing chain replacement on this particular style engine. The ecotech 2.4 . Thank you for any suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 day ago #61289 by RNR
Hello all. I am having the exact same symptoms with almost the exact same variables, but on a LaCrosse w/ same engine and year? Anyone figure this out yet?

More
1 year 1 day ago #61290 by Cheryl
You replace the actuators on the end of the cam or the solenoids?

More
2 months 1 week ago #64612 by kdeank2087
did anyone ever solve this problem?

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds