Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Acura TL 3.2L No COM, No start, flashing green key light

More
5 years 4 months ago #25125 by mikeysal12
Hello all, working on a 2008 Acura TL that has been kicking my butt. Conditions are the following, car will not start, I do not have communication with the ecm, but can communicated with abs, airbag etc... with ignition on and trying to crank the green key light is flashing. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25126 by Desmond6004
I think green key light flashing is good - meaning the immobiliser system is happy with the ignition key. Not being able to talk to the ECU sounds like where the problem lies - I'd check feeds to the ECU.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25137 by Tyler
Not to be contrary, but I'm pretty sure the flashing key light during cranking is a red flag for the immobilizer. :blush: The green key light should come on, then go out during cranking. What's the check engine light doing? I'm willing to bet that you're missing at least injection pulse, if not spark as well.

Pursue the no comm with the ECM. Since you can talk to the ABS and Airbag modules, that'd suggest the F-CAN network is good. Go for powers/grounds/5V ref circuits.

Recent repair history?

More
5 years 4 months ago #25141 by mikeysal12
Yes, the flashing green key light is 100% bad. It is saying there is a immobilizer issue. 5V is present and alive, CEL stays solid with key ON.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25142 by Desmond6004
Interesting, I just started my Honda and after turning ignition off the green key light flashes 4 times.
You would think it would be red if it was bad?

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 4 months ago #25387 by jkalupa1
Key light flashing is bad. We had a 2005 MDX with a similar problem. Does the immoilizer "see" the key? We went through the process of reidentifying the key. The Autel MaxiSys has a page for that. At the end of the sequence it asked if the green key light was off. It was and the vehicle started. Just a thought.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds