Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1998 Chevy c2500 pickup 5.7L missfire and pinging at 1500 rpm and over.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24939 by Eli
Hi,
Been working on a 98 Chevy 2500 5.7l that missfires ( on miss counters) and backfires violently with a metal on metal sound (valves on pistons or preingnition?). It begins at about 1500 rpm and continues though much higher rpms cannot be obtained due to violent backfires. It has a p0102, a p0151, a p0161, a p0340, and a p1345. I'm most concerned about p034o and the p1345. The motor was swapped by the owner and I'm also wondering if the timing chain is a tooth off. Anyone experience this before? Wondering what the best next step is.
All replies are appreciated.
Thanks,
Elijah

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24997 by Desmond6004
Have you checked cam timing yet? P0340 and loud banging suggest that's a good place to start -especially knowing someone has been 'fiddling' already.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
5 years 5 months ago #25056 by Eli
Hi,
Checking cam timing will be my next step. I think someone definitely put it together wrong.
Thanks,
Elijah

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds