Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Gearbox actuator not working

More
5 years 5 months ago #24849 by r3s1s74nc3
Hello !
I have real drama with Smart Fortytwo 1.0i 52 kw 2014 .
Will try to be less confusing as possible .
So ... the car were waterdamaged and the TCU got burned . After replacing the TCU with other one , most of the functions of the gearbox came back to life . The biggest problem is the error code stored in the TCU : The gearbox can't do relearning . After some oki-poki with Star Diagnosis I found out that actuator 1 ( M17 ) is not getting engaged from the TCU , while actuator 2 ( M18 ) is working properly . I tried moving the gear by hand and on live data , the TCU is seeing the degrees changing on actuator 1 ( the problem one ) , but still it doesn't want to make it move , so to go through the relearning process . I tryed providing direct ground and supply to the actuator and it moves , so for sure the actuator is OK . But still ...
The TCU was replaced in a shop that claims that they code it to the car VIN number , but for sure they didn't done it , because in the Star Diagnosis when I check the info for the TCU the VIN number is totally different from my car . So several questions come to my head :

1. Because the TCU is not matched to the car , is it possible , the actuator to not be commanded because of that ?
2. Is there any specific way to install the actuator body in the gearbox , because i can see some arrow marks on the gears of it ?
3. I checked all the grounds , supplies and CAN communication wires that goes to the TCU and everything checks OK , but still I don't have wiring diagrams for the TCU and the gearbox actuators/sensors to be 100% sure of my diagnosis . Is it possible someone to share wiring diagrams about this installation ?

And before someone asking for the clutch actuator ... yes it is working . The main problem is that the TCU is not sending supply to the actuator 1 ( M17 ) , not sure is there any other checks i forget to do , before condeming the TCU ones again .

Thanks in advance !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds