Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Ford Focus 1.6 petrol

More
5 years 6 months ago #24746 by Fox.b
Hey, guys.
I have a Ford Focus 2008 1.6 petrol. Noticed its been a little bit heavier on petrol lately. No fuel leaks and no binding brakes. Looked at fuel trims - At warm idle stft is -7.7 and ltft is -9.2. looks like its running a bit rich so fuel is being taken away. Rpms at 2700 stft is -5.3 and ltft is -3.8.
I dont see maf but i do see a map. Air and coolant temps look ok cold and warm. The map koeo is 3.9v. Keor at idle is 1.2 and goes to 3.9 when i floor the throttle. Car has had full service 1 year ago and just had oil and filter replaced this week. I dont have a fuel pressure gauge or injector tester.
Using oxygen and acetylene i can make o2 sensors go rich and lean accordingly so they look ok.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. Fox.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #24753 by Desmond6004
Check the spark plugs. If one injector is leaking then perhaps you will be able to tell by the condition of the spark plugs which it is. It's always a good idea to check spark plugs to see whether the condition is "global" (all the plugs) or "local' (one cylinder)

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds