Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

‘14 Jetta SE 1.8t consuming oil

More
5 years 6 months ago #24162 by blazerguy1983
I have a 2014 Jetta SE 1.8 turbo with 70k that has started consuming about 3 quarts every 1,000 miles. It just started doing this about 2 oil changes ago. No external leaks. No oil in spark plugs wells. No codes or driveabilty issues and not smoking from anywhere. Someone said possible PCV issue? Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #24185 by chief eaglebear
hi maybe a compression test is in order maybe bad rings positive crankcase ventilation could certainly be the culprit the fact that it is a turbo is suspect I think they run a little hotter

More
5 years 4 months ago #26028 by blazerguy1983
After trying an actual OE VW PVC valve, the Jetta is still consuming 2+ quarts of oil every 900-1,000 miles. There is oil all through the tubes connecting to the PVC system. My buddy has traded it in on a Japanese car. This car has relatively low millage for a modern day vehicle, 77,000 miles and shouldn't be having these types of issues. At 50k he had to have the timing chain cover and oil pan gaskets replaced under warranty because it was leaking oil. The rear calipers are shot and cost close to $300 each side. He has taken care of the car and always changed the oil every 3,000 to 4,000 miles with full synthetic and a VW filter. In my opinion these cars are junk and I'm so glad he went Japanese.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26032 by Desmond6004

blazerguy1983 wrote: In my opinion these cars are junk and I'm so glad he went Japanese.

Totally agree! We had a corner in our yard where we parked cars not worth fixing - at one stage we had 6 cars there - all European.
Toyota and Honda - that's the way to go (but not the Toyota 4D engines - they are trouble)

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds