Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Suzuki Baleno

More
7 years 6 months ago #2999 by Caritech
Suzuki Baleno was created by Caritech
My wife's cousin has a Suzuki Baleno that's losing power on load. Break stalled to load it up and its putters, chugs, lights dim. Using min-max on the DMM at battery got 15.3 V max. It idles good enough but on load it gals on its face. It used the secondary ignition paddle and snapped pic with the phone. To me it looks like it's lean on cyl 2-3 coil (waste spark).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #3008 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Suzuki Baleno
Whoa, that's a crazy ignition waveform :huh: I see the lean indication at the end of the burn line, but I really don't like how it slopes off with no coil oscillations...

Did cylinders two AND three both have this waveform? If they're companion cylinders, and on the same coil, then I'm wondering about an ignition problem. How hard is it to check spark strength on this engine?

More
7 years 6 months ago #3076 by andyford
Replied by andyford on topic Suzuki Baleno
Hey guys let me ask something how can i identify a lean condition using a lab scope i know the waveform looks very different at least for the ones a saw before known good ones . I am playing around with my new scope a snap on modis just want to learn how to use this tool especially when comes to identify lean or rich conditions. Thanks guy !

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3239 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Suzuki Baleno
You would expect the burn line on a weak mixture to slope upwards, most burn lines will not be completely flat a U shape or slight upward curve from the mid point of the spark burn line is quite common but a lean mixture has quite a pronounced upward slop from almost the instant the spark burn is established and the voltage kick up after the end of the spark is more pronounced because there is more remaining energy trapped in the coil.
With a lean condition the spark burn duration is usually shortened but this is usually harder to pick out.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds