Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan normal maf voltage range

More
5 years 7 months ago #24029 by Bcaddy
Having an lean issue with fuel trim readings being positive and high fuel consumption,no misfire no mil on,what is the normal maf voltage while idle and increased rpm?,im thinking this is the culprit because on my scanner the voltage on it does not increase much with idle and increased rpms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #24039 by Ben
Maf voltage should be under 1v at idle (around .8 or something like that) (varies between makes and models) then when looking for high voltage this has to be done on a test drive at wide open throttle accelerating in 1st/2nd gear and highest voltage you should see will be over 4v on a proper reading maf (around 4.3 to 4.5) the only voltage rule of thumb is under 1v at idle and over 4v at wide open throttle high load

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 7 months ago #24047 by Tyler
How high of fuel trims are we talking about? If it's within 10%, then I wouldn't sweat it. Nissan Alpha's tend to move around much more than other makes.

Not to contradict Ben, but most 3.5L MAF's I've seen tend to hang around 1.4V at idle. Most top out at 3.9V during a WOT run. Why? 'Cause Nissan, that's why. :lol:

If all else fails, remember the g/s rule of thumb. ;) At hot idle with no loads, the MAF g/s reading should be close to the engine displacement in liters. Slightly high than the displacement is acceptable. I'd be comfy with 4.0 g/s.

More
5 years 7 months ago #24050 by Ben
Haha totally sounds contradictory Tyler, and you may very well be right! I always use grams and not voltage so I may be a bit rusty on my Nissan voltage if the you have grams available on your scan tool I do recommend using them as it's way more sensitive than voltage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds