Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Help required - intermittent no start 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 HDi Turbo Diesel

More
5 years 7 months ago #23995 by dieselman
Hi All,
Citroen C5 3.0 HDi Turbo Diesel 2010
Symptoms:
Intermittent no start, errors occur at ignition on, will not crank
I have access to DIagbox (Citroen diagnostic reader) and also 4 channel Picoscope.
When error occurs, Diagbox shows no communication with injection ECU
If the error does not occur, the car will start and run without any sign of problems. Error codes can be cleared.
The problem has never occurred when the car is cold.

The CanBus waveform looks OK and the power and grounds are OK on the Injection ECU when the problem is present.

I am trying to understand why an error can occur at ignition on, but if the car manages to start, there are no visible signs of a problem.

I thought perhaps that it may be battery related, as once the car starts it has charging voltage. I have tried 3 batteries, 2 were new, but the problem persists.

Link to to the diagnostic journal log drive.google.com/open?id=1LbPqWsghW9ySl0i1xAMkN8kRF5qHn-jR

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Leon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds