Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 1.6L Misfire

More
5 years 7 months ago #23346 by Pj
The fuel trims have been fine, I've smoke tested twice. I have realized that if this thing is going to miss at all it's only after a hot soak. I had my lab scope on low amps on injector circuit and notice an extra "bump" in pattern before every #3 injector event. I had noticed this before swapping injectors before. When disconnecting that injector it's a clean space in pattern. This leads me to conclude with very little certainty that I have an ECU problem. Which leads me to next question- can I put a used ECU in this thing without any reflashing? I'm willing to gamble to get this out of my life if I'm not going to create further headaches.

Code: p0303-

swapped plug - same
swapped coil - same
swapped injector - same
compression - good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 7 months ago #23350 by Noah
You know, i just kind of stumbled across an example of this in my Scanner Danner book at work the other day.
Here's a capture from the Chapter18 part 4 premium video, and a link to that video:

www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...-testing-part-4.html

Is there any way you can upload an image of the waveform you're getting on the #3 injector?

As far as being able to plug in a used ECM and drive away, I'm not sure. I would think 2007 model year would probably be ok?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pj

More
5 years 7 months ago #23352 by Pj
will try and upload waveform

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds