Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Diesel injectors

More
5 years 8 months ago #22989 by Fox.b
Diesel injectors was created by Fox.b
Hey, guys. We bit of help needed, please.
2004 Audi A4 1.9 tdi pd

Car is non start. Had dirty derv in it and had inj 1 code.
Drained tank and you could see the difference in colour to good derv. Replaced fuel and inj 1 but car is still non start
I emptied the tank by using tank pump to pump all the fuel out, so I know that pump is working. With a wee spray of easy start the car runs and I checked the valve timing so that's ok.
My question is how would I go about checking the pd injectors? Any other ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #22997 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Diesel injectors
I "suppose " by derv you mean diesel fuel. ..

When starting with ether will the engine keep running or will it die without ether?

Did the injector 1 code disappear after you changed the injector? Do you have any other codes?

Do you have a rpm signal while cranking/running on ether?

Is there any power or ground signal getting to the injectors?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
5 years 8 months ago #23009 by Landroverman1958
Replied by Landroverman1958 on topic Diesel injectors
The only way to test them electronically is to use an amp clamp around the earth or feed wires at the round connector on the corner of the engine or read the data using the scan tool,I hope you have changed the fuel filter,you should have low pressure at the intermediate pump on the end of the camshaft to.possibly 3- 3.5 bar.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds