Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

What am I looking at?

More
5 years 9 months ago #22409 by randall.sick
I will admit, I am still learning my Snap on Solus edge, and I am trying to diagnose a rich condition on a 5.7 L 1998 Chevy.

Can any of you more advanced techs take a look at the following pics and tell me if/what looks out of normal to you?

I just replaced the ECT and AIT sensors. And wondered if anything looked odd to any of you?

My rides, 1998 Chevy Tahoe 5.7l
1999 Chevy S10 2.2l
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #22426 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic What am I looking at?
The MAF might be a bit high. Is the AC on during this capture? I'd expect something closer to 6 or 7 g/s with that engine size, but accessory loads can change that.

ECT seems reasonable, but the IAT shows pretty darn hot. Still, I've never seen an IAT have that much influence on fuel control.

Is this rich at idle only, or under all conditons? A leaking spider assembly comes to mind.

More
5 years 9 months ago #22429 by randall.sick
I live in Phoenix, it was at idke, so that is why IAT is warm. It is using more during driving.

No AC was on at this time.

I did replace the stock injectors last year with the new design ones. I used aftermarket bc the Delco ones were twice as much.

I just noticed one if my cats rattling. Gonna remivevtge ceramics in them and add spark non foulers since I am in an "emissions" county.

Guess I'll have to have the ecm wiped and start the relearn all over and see if that improves the mileage issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1999 Chevy S10 2.2l

More
5 years 9 months ago #22430 by randall.sick
Remove the ceramics*

1999 Chevy S10 2.2l

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #22473 by Ninjaxchicken
Replied by Ninjaxchicken on topic What am I looking at?
8 grams per second on 5 liter engine at idle is high on the maf.... should be about 1 gram per sec for every liter
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Ninjaxchicken.

More
5 years 9 months ago #22474 by Ninjaxchicken
Replied by Ninjaxchicken on topic What am I looking at?
Computers probably trying to adjust a lean condition that doesnt exist by adding more fuel and actually creating a rich condition bc your maf readings are higher... gm uses a 5 volt pull down design on the yellow signal wire... see how many volts are on your signal wire... if its higher than 5 than your ground wire going to the maf might be bad

More
5 years 9 months ago #22486 by randall.sick
Thanks for the info. I'll check on that and let you know what I find!

1999 Chevy S10 2.2l

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds