Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

05 lincoln town car ac pressure switch high

More
5 years 9 months ago #22375 by Jay2034
Hey guys I got an 05 lincoln town car with an ac pressure circuit high code. I think p0550 or something. But i go to scan data and i see it fixed at 5.11. So i go to the wire and check the three wires. I go to the signal and i do a circuit integrity test to see if i can pull it to ground and i could with a test light of course. I see the scan data and computer reacts and both circuit high and circuit low code comes on. So I know the computer is fine. The ground wire is at 35 millivolts steady. I do all these test with the uactivate in place of the relay with the car on codes cleared and when I pull it to ground I momentarily get control and it goes away and the check engine light goes with both high and low codes. I put the new switch on and clear the codes again even the KAM reset on these fords. I wait a few before I turn the car again and check scan data and still the signal is fixed high. I don't know what it could be. It can't be the computer if computer reacts to all the test. And again when I pull it to ground I momentarily get control back. I need help brothers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #22376 by cheryl hartkorn
p0550 is coming up as power steering pressure sensor. is that what you mean or are you talking about the high side switch for the ac?? it might just be overcharged if the owner tried to fix it. electrically it sounds like you tezted it. what the psi read on the scanner? or is it just volts?

More
5 years 9 months ago #22377 by Jay2034
It says ac high pressure circut high. I'm not at the shop anymore but I know it's for the high side because i tested it and when the codes comes back when I pull it to ground it's for ac high and low circuit and momentarily I get control back to kick the ac on. One of the tech in the shop is working on this and when he couldn't get the compressor to kick he doesn't know how to test it so they gave it to me. That's what I thought too. I sucked the refrigerant out and yeah it was overcharged. It had 1.85 pounds and it takes 0.65 kg. So I put what it takes and cleared the codes and the KAM reset and still the same readings. 5.11 volts. But yeah it only has volts as the pids. No pressure. I'm stumped right now with that until tomorrow

More
5 years 9 months ago #22378 by cheryl hartkorn
id put a set of gauges on it and see what the pressures are. cooling fans coming on?

More
5 years 9 months ago #22379 by Jay2034
Thank u brother but with the compressor not turning on I am just gonna read static pressure. But I didn't check for the fans to come on because I was to focused on the voltage readings while inside the car with the scan tool. Plus everytime i wanna get back to the car i get pulled to another car today. So really i did all those checks like 5 minutes every chance i could get. But tomorrow i will be focused on that car until I come up with something. I'm thinking if where the switch gets screwed into does it have a straighter valve or is it blocked that it's not allowing to poke it to get the pressure. U know what I'm saying. But i do know the 5 volts is like 500 psi that's in the system which clearly it's not because I recharged it myself this time. I should read like 2.5 or something like that I'm pretty sure on that. But what else do u think. Because with the compressor not kicking on I'm only going to read static pressure. Thank u brother for taking the time out

More
5 years 9 months ago #22384 by Jay2034
Hey what's going on guys? Lincoln town car fixed. Signal wire pin was loose and pushed back. Guess somebody was messing with it or something. Retightened pin and all is well. Compressor finally works now on the limo. Thank

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds