Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

crank no start on a 2002 ford ZX2

More
5 years 8 months ago #22219 by Richard64
I've got a crank no start on a 02 ford zx2 2.0 .Engine cranks fine and is not getting any spark. I back probed the voltage on the crank sensor and it's getting 1.5 volts, the cam sensor is getting 0.2v. The check engine light does not come on and I checked for engine codes and got a P1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22221 by cheryl hartkorn
can you watch for a rpm signal on the scanner when cranking the engine? did the check engine light work before? do you have a 5 volt ref at the tps sensor??

More
5 years 8 months ago #22223 by Richard64
Thanks for responding! I did not watch for a RPM signal on the scan tool although I did watch the tach and seen no movement. Also I did not check for a 5 volt ref at the tps. As for the check engine light the owner is telling me it was working. Should I have gotten a 5 volt ref at the crank and cam senors?

More
5 years 8 months ago #22233 by Tyler
I'm wondering if the inoperative CEL is incidental, given that you have communication with the PCM. Checking for 5V at a potentiometer or thermistor is still a good idea, anyway.

Before digging too deep, I'd suggest at least a visual on the battery cable ends, or a voltage drop between the B- post and the engine block and body. Like the early 90's Ford cars, these like to develop connection problems at the negative cable ends, and the goofy connectors they came with. Clean or repair as needed. If you don't see anything obvious, continue with normal testing. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds