Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Dodge Stratus automatic 2.4

More
5 years 10 months ago #21939 by pete.bala
I am working on my granddaughter's Dodge Stratus I do not have reference voltage or communication with scan tool or check engine light pin 16 power the PCM is not grounding the relay through the driver in the computer I ground the relay externally and everything comes back to life reference voltage communication car starts and runs just got the computer back from being worked on in New York at G7 computers they said they found a burnt-out resistor put it back in and it still does not start unless you bypass the relay I have done voltage drops I have done loaded circuit test and everything I'm just not getting any control to that relay also on the fuse block I have fuses that are showing they are grounded for about 3 seconds with my Power Probe with the key off anyone have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated thank you for your help in advance. Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #21941 by RobertoLansky
I am trying to figure out which diagram to look at which vehicle model is it ES R/T SE SXT Coupe or Sedan and key off fuse testing is worthless I would check for power on fuses only key on or engine running also how did you test at the PCM I would have back probed at the PCM and given the wire a ground and if that worked then the wiring is good if you're sure the PCM won't turn on the relay I would get creative and splice with another wire that gets grounded at the same time by the PCM either that or run a switch out to the car dash and install a switch to turn on every time you want to start the car but hey that's just me besides how much is a replacement computer

More
5 years 10 months ago #21942 by cj1
PCM has numerous grounds any one of which could be provided path for relay.
See BBBind.com for schematic.

More
5 years 10 months ago #21949 by pete.bala
I believe it is an SXT Coupe I have used the Mitchell wiring diagrams the relay I am referring to is for the mfi I did back Pro the computer when it was plugged in first checked all the powers and all the grounds then I unplugged and did the loaded test I am sending the computer back tomorrow they said they would repair it for nothing because they already did it once they said a resistor was burned out but they did not know what circuit it was on I was just going to wire an another relay to control the ground side but want to try and fix it right for her this all started would loose battery cables then the starter control wire fell off so it was just a snowball and my son and brother-in-law decided they would work on it and started stabbing everything and pulling stuff off and switching things and and even have a clue what they were going to do they were ordering a fuel pump before I stopped them any advice is greatly appreciated

More
5 years 10 months ago #21951 by pete.bala
Thank you for the heads up on the schematics I am looking at them now they're not as good as Mitchell's but they are free and that makes them better

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 10 months ago #21963 by Noah
This 3 part series should give you the confidence to troubleshoot the 5v ref circuit right down to the root of the problem ;)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: pete.bala

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds