Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Changing ECU

More
7 years 7 months ago #2396 by mark.rumball
Changing ECU was created by mark.rumball
i have recently found that I have a faulty ecu which cant be re built, the place in which I have sent it to are saying they have another one there that they can get and program but it would be round about £350 which I don't want to spend as I'm getting rid of the car soon as it is fixed. if I was to get another one cheaper with a new key, ignition barrel and fuse box. The ecu has got the same part number as mine but the only thing is it is for a 1.6 hdi and mine is a 1.4 hdi diesel. will this work fine with my car?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2404 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Changing ECU
No idea man. Maybe someone else can jump in. Good providence.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 7 months ago #2414 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Changing ECU
Same part number? Sounds good. Can you give it to me?
Also some more info on your vehicle. Do you have the necessary equipment to program the ECU?

More
7 years 7 months ago #2420 by richiepearce
Replied by richiepearce on topic Changing ECU
Hi Mark,
I think you will need to recode the BSI as well as the ecu. You will need all the config data for the ecu, however I do not think the map will be the same? I think you would be better off finding a used 1.6hdi ECU then sending it to BBA reman and getting it unlocked that way you will be able to use your original key that will pass interrogation from the BSI and the ECU will not have to request the corresponding key code.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2423 by mark.rumball
Replied by mark.rumball on topic Changing ECU
thank you for your replys! it is a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi diesel. the set that I am buying is the bsi, key, ignition barrel and the ecu if that helps at all. was just wondering if this would just be like 'plug and play' situation or if it just wouldn't run at all?

More
7 years 7 months ago #2424 by richiepearce
Replied by richiepearce on topic Changing ECU
Sorry Mark,
Thought yours was the 1.6.
Will not be plug and play. because of the bsi configuration which will have to be adapted to yours and I believe the vin and milage are stored in ecu bsi and possibly dash?

More
7 years 7 months ago #2449 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Changing ECU
Agree with Richie. No plug and play Mark. Needs to be configured indeed.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds