Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Bearing analysis

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #21195 by Donnyten
Bearing analysis was created by Donnyten
Doing an in engine ' rebuild' for lack of better word, i'd like to call it a refurbish, because I don't have the proper resources to take the block out and what not. Anyway, got a piston removed and would like an analysis on the type of wear and/or damage I see. This is a bearing belonging to bottom cap of a piston in cylinder 3. This came from an 88 honda accord lxi that had an oil leak problem. I completely tore the engine down hoping to replace all gaskets primarily due to age of vehicle, and clean up the engine bay. while i was down there i figured i'd do piston rings and all bearings as well and seals. so here are the pics, front and back. Engine ran fine other wise minus oil leak which drifted onto exhaust causing smoke from hood. The crank feels smooth in that cylinder and there are no scratches or pits on the walls. however, no cross hatch and would likely need a rehone.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Donnyten.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #21203 by Donnyten

More
5 years 11 months ago #21205 by Donnyten
Replied by Donnyten on topic Bearing analysis
Also, how can I clean this nasty block? theres a bust of surface rust on the block and there seems to be carbon or something on the lower bottom part of cylinder bore where the piston met on the sides.

-- noticed there is coolant in bolt holes, not sure if that got in there when i took cylinder head off.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds