Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

96 accord 2.2 non vtec ignition waveforms

More
5 years 11 months ago #20922 by nathan.carpenter
What's up guys, so this is actually my personal car, I was taking some ignition waveforms doing some learning and getting acquainted with my new verus, and it turns out my secondary ignition waveforms have a weird characteristic, I'll post pics below. So at the end of each spark line they all seem to rise pretty drastically and some have excessive hash throughout the spark line. The car runs great and gets upwards of 25 mpg although it does have close to 400k miles on original engine. My understanding is that this is caused by a lean condition and potentially an EGR problem. So I was hoping u guys could give me some input on what I should look into, I'm thinking maybe fuel pressure/new fuel filter, and possibly check into adjusting the valves as it is pretty easy to do on these older Hondas. Let me know what u guys think pleez!! :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #20923 by nathan.carpenter
Sorry not sure why the pics always end up sideways....
I should mention plugs and wires are about a week old, oem parts given to me by the old man who previously owned the car still in the Honda boxes, but admittedly they look like they've been sitting for quite some time
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by nathan.carpenter.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20970 by nathan.carpenter
Any ideas anyone? Scannerdanner, I'd love ur thoughts :)

More
5 years 11 months ago #20974 by Chad
I would say you are, definitely, running lean. A slight rise in the burn line indicates a lean condition. Those spikes are, pretty significant. I think you are on the right track with the fuel pressure. I have been taught to associate, extreme, spikes like that to a "NO FUEL" misfire. Do all cylinders look like that? See if a little propane will curb those spikes.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
5 years 11 months ago #20981 by nathan.carpenter
Yeah it's just odd that the car runs smooth with no engine light and definitely no misfire that I can feel, I'll give the propane a shot tomorrow when I get to work

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds