Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Jetta several warning lights

More
5 years 11 months ago #20741 by Tutti57
A friend stopped by work a couple of days ago for me to pull some codes from the car. It's the very basic model with the N/A 2.0.

He said all of a sudden, the tpms, abs, and srs light all came on.

The cooling fan codes is the only one I could find any information on in all data.

There is a U code but it refers you to the abs code.

I would start addressing each one individually but it's odd that they all came on at once.

Where to start?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20748 by Dave101
Is there any complaints from you friend other than the lights came on? No drivability problems? I agree, seems little weird that they all came on at once.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20763 by Tutti57
The only other thing I did was turn the AC on to see if the fans were working and they were not. He is confident that they all came on a once.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
5 years 11 months ago #20775 by Ben
You didn't say if the engine light came on same time as and and rest?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 11 months ago #20846 by Tutti57
Maybe this is a clue, but the engine light is not on dispite the cooling fans not working and it having that code stored.

I am taking a look at it tomorrow if anyone has any ideas where to head.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20902 by Tutti57
He came over last night and no warning lights were on and the fans were working. He said usually they come on after he starts driving but I didn't get that last piece of info until he was leaving. He just texted me and said they came on again after he left.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20910 by Tyler
I think I'd be tempted to chase the RR ABS WSS code? I don't recall if this is an indirect TPMS system or not, but it'd explain why the TPMS would be pissed off if one of the WSS quit.

The trouble is, those cooling fans go out all the time. :lol: Could definitely have multiple issues. Fortunately, those fans are super easy to diag if you can catch it acting up! Heavy gauge power, ground, smaller power input and an ECM square wave control.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20957 by Tutti57
Thanks. I'll check out the wss and go from there. I'm not sure why the srs light comes on at the same time too.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20962 by MMC
Rear ABS sensors in these give a lot of trouble and bring on abs, traction control and tpms lights, if I remember correctly there are grey or black sensors that look the same apart from colour but won't work unless you have the correct one

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds