Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0014 - Ex Cam Performance

More
6 years 5 days ago #20689 by MuhammadAli89
2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6
P0014 DTC - Performing Active Test; Increasing Degrees° of Ex CamB1 but it's affecting Int CamB1 while Increasing Degrees° of Ex CamB2 and Ex CamB2 is increasing.

Checked the Resistance; 9 Ohms for Ex Cam and 12 Ohms for Int Cam.
Taken a Waveform of Intake and Exhaust at B1 and it's looking pretty fine.
Engine Oil is ok.
Taken out Solenoids and also looking fine.

Suspect is to replace Cam Phasers at B1? also B2?
Where should I go?

I'm from Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 days ago #20705 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0014 - Ex Cam Performance
Do I understand correctly that when you're commanding the B1 exhaust cam timing that you don't get a response? Or you are getting a response? If you're not getting any response, then I would suggest pulling that solenoid and inspecting for debris and pintle movement.

Does this code reset soon after clearing? Or does it require a test drive?

More
6 years 4 days ago #20730 by gav09
Replied by gav09 on topic P0014 - Ex Cam Performance
The way I read it is when he actuates an exhaust cam bank 1 the intake cam bank 1 is moving. Possibly your solenoid connectors are switched.

More
6 years 4 days ago #20735 by MuhammadAli89
I'm getting response but wrong; when Commanding Ex Cam B1, Int Cam B1 taking command on the Scan Tool.

Bank2; when Commanding Ex Cam B2, Ex Cam B2 taking command on the Scan Tool.

I didn't clear the DTC but when WOT the Vehicle starts missing (Reduced Power).
only DTC is P0014 therefore not going to Throttle Body or etc.

More
6 years 4 days ago #20736 by MuhammadAli89
Connectors are on their right spots. I taken CamB1 vs CamB2 Waveform; they are very minor different but not 100% identical.
A guy suspected that Solenoid is partially StuckOpen or VVT Stuck partially.

Vehicle takes in time, Oil change and other basic Maintenance.

More
6 years 1 day ago #20827 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0014 - Ex Cam Performance

MuhammadAli89 wrote: I'm getting response but wrong; when Commanding Ex Cam B1, Int Cam B1 taking command on the Scan Tool.

Bank2; when Commanding Ex Cam B2, Ex Cam B2 taking command on the Scan Tool.

WTF? :blink: That's weird!

For giggles, have you tried commanding the intake cam on B1, does the exhaust respond? I see that you confirmed the connectors are in the right places, very nice. B)

You could try installing a test light in the B1 exhaust actuator connector and repeating the exhaust command test, and see if the test light shines. If not, then I'd suspect either a defective scan tool (software issue), or there's been a wiring repair and someone swapped wires around.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #20945 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic P0014 - Ex Cam Performance
I don't have an answer but I have read about this before I think on another forum. Not sure if they tried different scan tools or not. Some where suggesting a software problem in the scanner. Don't know if there was actually ever a problem with the car.

Only thing I have noticed on GMs is if they suspect a correlation problem they lock the cams at 0 degrees and you can't control the actuators with DTCs present. Record any relevant DTC information and try clearing the DTC then try commanding the exhaust and see if it works.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by graywave.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds