Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1992 ford f150 5.0 4x4 auto wont start

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #20278 by Francis
I have a 1992 ford f150 5.0l that will not start. If i spray fuel in the intake it will fire right up. Ive checked everything and come across that there is no fuel injector signal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #20311 by Tyler
Just to be clear, I see that you've checked for control signal, but do you also have power at the injectors? Just want to make sure that the EEC relay is powering them up as designed. ;)

If you have a DMM or scope, I'd suggest checking the grey/orange wire at the TFI module during cranking. That's the TFI modules signal to the PCM for injector pulse control. I believe it should be a 0-10V square wave, or about 4-6V on your DMM. Some kind of pulsing needs to be taking place. If you have a good signal, then that'd suggest that the PCM isn't doing its job. If there is no pulsing, then that'd suggest an issue with the TFI or its inputs.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #20314 by JoesAutoElectric
Just to add to what Tyler said, a quick test with a volt meter on a sensor, say the tps, unplugged with key on should show 5v reference on one of the wires. If this is missing that pcm is not alive.

"The man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it."

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds