Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Nissan maxima crank ref sensor corrosion on tip with rich condition

More
6 years 1 week ago #20643 by Rusty
Hi Ben, I cleaned the Maf and ran a scope on the and the response was smooth from 1.2 V at idle to 4.1 volts on wide open throttle. I checked on the scan tool only at idle earlier and that was 4.3 g/s and when I rev from idle which is 675rpm to 4500 rpm it ranges from 2.2g/s to 16.9g/s. and shows a smooth graph. I have a Delphi scan tool 150ds. Can you work with this data or do you need more. By the way I scoped my upstream o2 sensors and they are switching 3 times in 10 secs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #20646 by Ben
What liter engine is this? Going over 4v is good but idle seems high depending on engine size

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rusty

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #20653 by Rusty
It has a 2.0 litre V6 engine European model Maxima QX. The 4.3g/s is only since I cleaned it previous to that it was 2.2 - 2.6 g/s so cleaning may have made things worse or just made it honest. The problem with trims is only at idle because when rpms are above 1200 they float either side of 0 from apx (+/-) 0.8% to 3.2% and climb gradually all of these numbers are not under load. I am only using trims as a reference so the fact they improve with rpm makes me think the MAF might be bad. I might add the car is responsive but I can hear a slight miss, still its better than it was but she is a bit shuddery at idle. I can't see voltage when I drive her because my scan tool doesn't support it just g/s and my scope is laptop based and the cables are too short to reach the cabin. I will try and get better readings today. Thanks again
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Rusty.

More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #20667 by Rusty
Hi Ben I went for a drive and went through the gears from idle she ranges from 3.1g/s @ 0% throttle and up to 48.9g/s @ 68% throttle in third and approximately 4300rpm,
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Rusty.

More
6 years 6 days ago #20671 by Ben
Well that doesn't seem good to me a 2.p engine should idle at about 2 grams +-.8 and at 100% throttle under load (accelerating) you should be able to reach at least 80 grams . How did you clean it?

More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #20691 by Rusty
Hi Ben, I used electrical contact cleaner but I think it just highlighted the problem. I cant get MAF cleaner anywhere local by local I mean 30 mile radius. I noticed on a section of the MAF there is a rectangular polished plate which looks like it has a small amount of corrosion either side of it. I think I need to replace the MAF. I will have to try and ship one from rock auto which will take over a month with customs but there is a difference of 200 euro and its the OEM Hitachi so worth waiting for. Is there anything else I can do to confirm, or do the numbers speak for themselves. Dar

Sent from my 5047Y using Tapatalk
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Rusty.

More
6 years 5 days ago #20695 by Andy.MacFadyen
If badly fouled some types of MAF sensor don't return to within spec after cleaning, I mainly see Bosch analogue sensors on BMW diesels and have rarely had any luck cleaning them. The other ones I see are Fords and cleaning them often works.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 5 days ago #20699 by Rusty
Hi Ben Nissan use a Bosch sensor on the primera diesel here which is the same model as the g35 in the states which is the same type of sensor which don't clean well either, I guess I am buying a MAF thanks again for all your help When I change it out I will post back with the result hopefully it will be good news because I am out of Ideas if not.

More
6 years 4 days ago #20740 by Ben
Ahh yes no luck cleaning those...

More
6 years 4 days ago #20744 by Rusty
Yep thanks Ben

More
5 years 11 months ago #21075 by Rusty
hi Ben tried new maf now its opposite positive trims at idle and -10.2 lt at 2500rpm+
I presume this means new MAF must be faulty. I am going to run it through a test with the original MAF to see what HC'S and CO levels really are will let you know.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds