Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 dodge Caravan ABS light on

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19844 by Mort
Just got in a 2003 dodge grand caravan with the ABS light on All I have is a multimeter and a test light. can someone give me a bit of guidance as to where to start I do have the service manual for the vehicle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19848 by Andy.MacFadyen
You would be better reading the codes from the ABS module and reading the live wheel speed sensor output to get direction. If you don't you end up playing wheel bearing and sensor roulette.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19850 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 03 dodge Caravan ABS light on

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: You would be better reading the codes from the ABS module and reading the live wheel speed sensor output to get direction. If you don't you end up playing wheel bearing and sensor roulette.

Definitely the way to go. See if a local parts store has a scanner that'll read ABS codes? Many of the higher end Global scanners will read the ABS and Airbag modules.

Once you have codes, we can recommend some pinpoint testing. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds