Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

intermittent stall

More
6 years 1 month ago #19842 by kumaren
intermittent stall was created by kumaren
Hi guys,this is my very first post here. the vehicle i'm trying to fix is a toyota avanza[south africa]. it has the diahatsu 1.3 engine in it. it has the following fault code report: P1346 VVT/camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance.[bank 1] this vehicle used to intermittently stall and when it did it used to start after many cranks, sometimes it used to start up immediately. things checked while it stalled on me: spark, injector pulse,fuel pressure [ used pressure gauge]..all the checks were good,I once had a hyundai which had a camshaft and crankshaft correlation problem reported by the obd test... the problem was that the vehicle was sluggish and it never stall it just had poor performance, i solved it by cleaning the sludge from the vvt mechanism.im thinking that this toyota might have the same problem but different symptoms. i dont want to change the cam sensor ..any advice , similar experience etc ..please share ,i would be grateful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19845 by cj1
Replied by cj1 on topic intermittent stall
Believe the code refers more to cam sensor/circuit problem then correlation between cam/crank.
Maybe remove cam sensor for inspection/cleaning plus wiring/connector.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19987 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic intermittent stall
If that vvt system runs off oil pressure I would check oil level also scanner danner has some good video on checking those vvt circuits I think it's pwm on the ground side in order to adjust valve timing apart from that it could be an input such as cam position sensor being lazy just my two cents

More
6 years 1 month ago #19988 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic intermittent stall
Signal circuit integrity on cam and crank

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds