Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Chrysler town & country 3.8 p0133 code

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #19797 by Mechanic 350
Slow responding 02 b1s1 sensor
Captured data:
02 sensor b1s1 0.725 and switching.
Rear: 0.625 and barely moving.
I’m looking at the stft at -3.9 is constantly taking away fuel as Paul’s book tells me what to look for. The LTFT stays at 3.1 without moving. Do I have a bad rear 02 sensor?
What is the best course of action at tackling this job. I’m a self taught mechanic don’t work no shop. Thanks fellows.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Mechanic 350.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #19813 by Chad
B1S1 = Bank 1, Sensor 1. This is a front sensor. Not rear.

Bank 1 is the side with cylinder #1. (Bank 2 is the side that does NOT have cylinder #1) Sensor 1 is UPSTREAM. Upstream means BEFORE the Catalytic Converter. Sensor 2 is DOWNSTREAM. Downstream means AFTER the Catalytic Converter.

The Upstream O2 sensors should cycle between 200mV, or les, to 800mV, or more. This code means that it is taking to long to cross the 450mV mid-way point. Above 450mV is rich. Below 450mV is lean. The Downstream sensor looks good. Due to the Catalytic converter doing its job of storing oxygen for later use, the downstream sensor is, usually, steady and slightly rich.

Before condemning the O2 sensor, Check for exhaust leaks.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Chad.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19815 by Mechanic 350

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19817 by Tyler
I second the exhaust leak checks. OE is the way to go if you end up replacing the sensor.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19825 by Mechanic 350
I will do as you suggest thank you guys and by the way I will purchase the OEM sensor

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds