Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No misfire counter in my 99 Durango?

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #19742 by Deltron
I found myself bored a few days ago and I wanted to try and chase down this very slight stumble/miss that I have @ idle on my 99 Durango 5.9 magnum. I still haven't found it, but my concern here is that my Autel scanner and my Launch scanner are seemingly incapable of providing me with a misfire counter PID, in generic mode or enhanced. It's not inside the live data list, it's not inside the active tests menu(where i've seen it listed inside Snapon scanners for this gen Dodge).. I assume my only option here is to access mode 6, of which I have only 5 data parameters total that I can't decipher. So I turn to the scanner gods.. Where's my misfire counters?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #19746 by Tyler
With the Snap On, I find it under 'System Tests', called "Which Cylinder is Misfiring". System Tests is a different menu from Active Tests, because... reasons? :silly: I've never looked for it on an Autel, but I figure it'd be there somewhere. Sounds like you've searched up and down.

I'm pretty sure Mode $06 is gonna be a dead end. :( If it makes you feel any better, I've never had much luck with the Dodge/Chrysler misfire counter. Struggles with anything less than a dead miss.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #19763 by chief eaglebear
Dead on diagnostics has some good stuff on misfires I am studying that series right now you are right to try and get mode si data if you Kan also I think some kodes blok misfire kounters

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds