Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 CR-V Rack Leak?

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #19434 by Tutti57
2010 CR-V Rack Leak? was created by Tutti57
Car failed inspection for leaking rack. I see this fluid here but wiped it and it's not coming back. Are these common leak locations and would this need to be replaced based on the pics?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Tutti57.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19480 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2010 CR-V Rack Leak?
The last picture shows the return hose, right? That's a very common Honda problem, across just about every model. :lol: There's usually three separate sections return hose in the system (from the rack to the reservoir), and they all leak at those stupid wire clamps. Either that, or the hose hardens and sucks air, causing aerated fluid and pump noise.

As for the leak at the pinion... I'm not sure? It looks like the cap comes off, but I don't know what you'd torque it to, or where you'd get the seal/o-ring. :unsure: Might have a look at service info, see if they even list a procedure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
6 years 1 month ago #19504 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:2010 CR-V Rack Leak?
That's the lash adjuster don't disassemble it you'll have a mess on your hands! Personally I would clean it off and send it back for inspection if it only seaps as much as it looks like and doesn't do any dripping I would let it go!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #19506 by Andy.MacFadyen
I agree wash it off -- no way that pinion leak a major leak. Leak from return hose clamps are common on a lot of car usually a wash down before inspection is good practice. Power steering system tend leak less if old style mineral fluid is used, adding stop leak can have a similar beneficial effect it plumps- up and re-softens the seals.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19557 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:2010 CR-V Rack Leak?
Thanks. We'll start with a clean up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds