Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

02 Dodge Ram 1500 qc 5.9L (gas)

More
6 years 1 month ago #19392 by Dodgedelima
Hello everyone this is what i have 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 qc 5.9L (gas). Cranks but wont start. no spark no injector pulse. 5V ref is low only 3-4v jumping up and down constantly. All these problems started when the transmission got changed while the truck belonged to my father. He had a leak in the transmission did not realize it and someone around his neighborhood convinced him the trans was bad and they could get him a deal on a rebuilt one just to help him out. I was out of town working when he told me it got replaced. the truck started up and drove but very rough for about 20 minutes then died. long story short the crankshaft position sensor wiring was smashed in between engine and transmission. when i got the truck after he passed away i found the smashed wiring. I have replaced the CPK, fuel pump, plugs, wires, battery and have also removed the PCM and sent it to be rebuilt. I am at a complete loss now with what to do next. also when i am looking for a short to ground i disconnect 1 item at a time from the 5V ref still no change in the 3-4v jumping signal and if i disconnect the NEG from the battery and place a test light between NEG terminal and NEG post on battery my test light pulses and on my instrument cluster there is a red light flashing like crazy. I dont have a remote keyless entry that i know of ever seeing my dad use. on a side note if you cut the 5V ref wires to isolate them from any short would you be able to tell if the PCM was sending out the correct 5V ref signal. would that work to narrow it down to the PCM. Thank you to everyone in advance any help would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds