Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 2003 Buick LeSabre Window Malfunction

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #19201 by scarney
Hi,

I am helping my dad with his 2003 Buick LeSabre. He indicated that his drivers side window wasn't working, so I bought him a replacement drivers side switch. When he came over for me to replace the part, he said the driver side window started working again about six weeks ago and hasn't had any issue since. So I replaced the part just to do a little troubleshooting and I observed the following: All the windows work when controlled by the driver power window switch. When controlled at each individual location, the left rear window will go up but not down, the right front window will go down but not up, and the right rear window doesn't work at all. There is a lock button on the driver power window switch which works as expected. When locked, the windows don't move from any of the other locations. I took out the new switch and put in the old switch and observed the exact same behavior. I hate for him to unnecessarily spend $100 on the part, and I don't want to just throw parts at the car. Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by scarney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19206 by scarney
I took off the switches at each door. I used a piece of wire to successfully control each window. Therefore I know the switches are bad. I surprised because it turns out that every single switch was bad, but that's what it turned out to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds