Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Evap purge valve

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #18918 by Pinto
Evap purge valve was created by Pinto
Hi!
I am trying to figure out how a particular purge valve on some cars work, in addition to the line that goes to the intake, there is also another smaller vacuum line attached to it.
It has 3 lines in total ( 1 from canister, 2 going to the intake ), also has 2 wires solenoid.
Isn't the solenoid enough to open and close the valve, what is the purpose of the additional small vacuum line?
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Pinto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18920 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:RE: Evap purge valve

Pinto wrote: Hi!
I am trying to figure out how a particular purge valve on some cars work, in addition to the line that goes to the intake, there is also another smaller vacuum line attached to it.
It has 3 lines in total ( 1 from canister, 2 going to the intake ), also has 2 wires solenoid.
Isn't the solenoid enough to open and close the valve, what is the purpose of the additional small vacuum line?

What kind of car are you talking about?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
6 years 2 months ago #18925 by Pinto
Replied by Pinto on topic Re:RE: Evap purge valve

More
6 years 1 month ago #18935 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Evap purge valve
That is an arrangement sometimes used on industrial control valves in my seafaring time we called it a balanced valve, my guess would be Ford are using so control of valve won't be affected by sudden changes in manifold vacuum and also make the valves open easier on the overrun there is a very high manifold vacuum.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds