Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Audi A6 c6 2,7 tdi 05 BSG limp home mode

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #18594 by lars.morten.helleren
Audi A6 c6 2,7 tdi year 05 engine BSG.
Fault code P242F
The DPF light is on and the coil light fore the glow plugs are blinking. The car is now in limp home mode.

Warning: English is not my native language :)

I have a vagcom scan tool and I'm trying to get the sensordata, to see the calculated ash lvl. Befor runing a forsed regeneration.

My problem is that I can't find the security code to unlock access to all the sensordata.
Do anyone know where to look?
I have contacted ross-teck and I'm waiting for there reply.
I have seen the factory repair manual beeing referansed in other forums?

I have contacted my local Audi dealership, but they told me to replays the dpf.

In advance thanks
Lars From Norway
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by lars.morten.helleren. Reason: Add information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18596 by MMC
Hi, the security code usually isn't needed to view the live data, sometimes before you can perform basic settings, adaptions...... you may need to gain security access.
On the screen where you would enter your code, hover the mouse curser over the box and it should show you the code(if not try 27971 ) go to advanced measuring blocks and you should see all the data you need, you can see all your soot levels... and watch them reduce while you perform a regeneration of the DPF, I have had more success on vag car doing a regen while driving, there is usually an option to do so while stationary or while driving
The following user(s) said Thank You: lars.morten.helleren

More
6 years 2 months ago #18702 by chief eaglebear
Hi you can get some sensor data with a multimeter or most data with a scantool oscilloscope manually by probing back of sensor or plug what do you mean by sensor data is locked that's interesting on your doctor you can check source voltage pin 16 I think your sensor grounds on pin 4 and 5 volt ref on pin 5 I may be wrong lots of ways to pull data from engine

More
6 years 1 month ago #18895 by ivoalaska
If the soot level is too high (over 40 gramm ), the car wont let you start the regeneration process anyway. Then the only thing is then manuali wash DPF or replace DPF. With Audi 2.7 it is pretty simple job (washing).

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds