Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Golf 2.0 fsi multiple misfire and wiring issues

More
6 years 2 months ago #18506 by J11ames0208
The engine had a rebuild. Recon cylinder head and cam chain. New Bosch coip and spark plugs. New VVT solenoid. New oil, new water pump and timing belt. The list is long.

Anyway done a cylinder drop test after watching Pauls video, and the scan tools right. Cylinder 2 and 3 misfiring at idle and then throughout the rev range on and off. Not all the time. Very regular though. With the gap in between I wonder if its electrical not mechanical though. I see mechanical issues as just being there always.

Went to test EGR today after watching Pauls EGR video, and was shocked. 5 pin EGR and three wires showing 12.22 volts. The other were 11.45 and 7.28. The 11.45 volts is the only one which drops when the connector is unplugged. It drops to 6.63 volts, all the rest stay the same.

I’m wondering what the solution is. The short term on bank 1 only today has stopped being pos and neg and just neg by 12% which is the cylinders 1 and 4 which dont misfire. The cylinders 2/3 are always negative which I suppose is to be expected with no explosion and neat fuel rushing past the o2 sensors with the air.

All o2 sensors in this car are brand new. Bosch wideband 5 wire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18521 by derekoliveira
Move coil 2 to cilinder 1 and 3 to cilinder 4, and then see if the misfire moved with the coils!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds